- In a recent human clinical trial, HYPER-H21-2, DehydraTECH™-CBD reduced arterial stiffness, potentially broadening Lexaria’s application’s ability to treat cardiovascular and other diseases beyond hypertension
- Lexaria’s patented technology DehydraTECH improves how APIs enter the bloodstream –making multiple benefits possible such as increased delivery speed, increase in brain absorbency, higher bioavailability, and lower costs
- The company has patent protection received for delivery of nicotine, vitamins, NSAIDs, terpenes and cannabinoids; and patents pending for delivery of estrogen, testosterone, PDE5 inhibitors, antiviral drugs and more
Oral absorption is the most convenient and widely used administration route for taking medications. Decades of research have advanced the understanding of critical factors – anatomical, physiological, and drug information – which control oral bioavailability. Scientists are now better understanding the physiological function and formulation functionality that has been used in designing better and more desirable oral medicine delivery through extensive research. Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX), a global innovator of drug delivery platforms, is accomplishing this through its patented DehydraTECH(TM) technology.
DehydraTECH(TM) improves the way that active pharmaceutical ingredients (“APIs”) make their way into the bloodstream. This is achieved by promoting healthier ingestion methods and an increase in the effectiveness of fat-soluble active molecules. Lexaria’s DehydraTECH(TM) can be summarized by these major benefits:
- Speeds up delivery
- The subject feels the effects of the product in as little as a few minutes
- Increases bioavailability
- The technology is more effective at delivering a drug or other active pharmaceutical ingredient effectively into the bloodstream
- Increases brain absorption
- Testing suggests greater absorption across the blood-brain barrier
- Improves drug potency
- A higher proportion of API is made available to the body – allowing for lower doses for similar efficacy
- Reduces drug administration costs
- Lower doses can mean lower drug costs overall
- Masks unwanted taste
- The technology eliminates or reduces the need for sweeteners
One of Lexaria’s recent human clinical trials (HYPER-H21-2) using DehydraTECH(TM)-processed cannabidiol (“CBD”) reduced arterial stiffness. The discovery potentially broadens Lexaria’s application’s ability to treat cardiovascular and other diseases beyond hypertension, which had already shown tremendous promise (https://ibn.fm/egW5m).
“Reducing arterial stiffness in Lexaria’s recent hypertension study after only a single day of dosing with our DehydraTECH-CBD is a major discovery,” company President John Docherty said, commenting on the results of the study. “We know that increased arterial stiffness is correlated with many serious and life-threatening diseases affecting people worldwide, and we are optimistic that our latest findings could have future widespread implications for the promotion of improved human health and wellness.”
To evaluate its technology Lexaria has collaborated with the National Research Council (“NRC”), the Canadian government’s premier research and technology organization.
The company has received patent protection for delivery of nicotine, vitamins, NSAIDs, terpenes and cannabinoids; and patents pending for delivery of estrogen, testosterone, PDE5 inhibitors, antiviral drugs and more
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/LEXX
QualityStocks is committed to connecting subscribers with companies that have huge potential to succeed in the short and long-term future. It is part of our mission statement to help the investment community discover emerging companies that offer excellent growth potential. We offer several ways for investors to learn more about investing in these companies as well as find and evaluate them.