- Large addressable market with high growth rates
- Established Blue Chip customer base across all business verticals
- Multiple accretive acquisitions in due diligence
- Established operations with strong customer base
- Acceleration of organic growth with IoT, Cloud and SaaS
- Experienced management team with M&A background and significant ownership position, incentivized to create substantial growth
- Recurring revenue acceleration through acquisition and organic growth
Kontrol Energy Corp. (CSE: KNR) (OTC: OTSHF) (FSE: 1K8) specializes in the integration of smart energy technologies and solutions for North American commercial and industrial property owners and operators to help them benefit from energy cost savings and minimize greenhouse gas emissions. Kontrol is a leader in the energy efficiency sector through IoT, Cloud and SaaS technology and is ranked by Canadian Business and Maclean’s as the 7th fastest growing startup in 2018.
Kontrol’s leadership position is reshaping the way customers use, manage and strategically allocate energy resources to realize immediate energy savings by gaining more control over energy consumption and demand in real-time.
As the fastest growing global “fuel source,” energy efficiency is big business with industry analysts noting this multi-trillion-dollar market offers significant opportunities over the next five years. Established market segments include: energy retrofits ($71.4 billion); distributed generation ($179.9 billion); energy analytics ($33.5 billion); and greenhouse gas/carbon measurement, reduction ($1.2 trillion). Each $1 invested in energy efficiency displaces up to $3 of utility-scale transmission and distribution investment, according to the International Energy Agency.
Formed in 2015 by a group of energy veterans who recognized that the energy efficiency industry is one of the fastest growing fuel sources for the global economy, Kontrol is committed to enhancing and improving its customers sustainability objectives. In less than two years, Kontrol has grown its revenue run rate to $16 million from $1.8 million, delivering on stated goals and objectives as it seeks to continue this pattern through accretive acquisitions and the expansion of the company’s smart energy technologies.
Up to 50 percent of Kontrol’s overall revenues are recurring annually, and the company’s 2019 outlook includes strategic initiatives that will expand the company’s smart energy technologies to U.S. markets, bring additional accretive and strategic acquisitions, and accelerate recurring SaaS revenues.
Kontrol’s strategy of disciplined mergers and acquisitions includes the following highlights:
- Acquisition of Log-One Ltd.’s award-winning energy conservation technology, Energy Management System (“EMS”), an intelligent, occupancy-based heating and air-conditioning control system for commercial and multi-residential real estate. Rebranded as Kontrol EMS Technology, the company has added IoT and mobile application capabilities, creating a recurring revenue platform through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform.
- Acquisition of ORTECH Consulting Inc., an engineering consulting firm specializing in Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reporting, emission testing, air quality testing and renewable energy/power consulting.
- Acquisition of Efficiency Engineering Inc. (“EE Inc.”), which provides engineering services to industrial, municipal and commercial building owners across Canada. EE Inc. provides detailed energy efficiency analysis, energy audits, management of facility system solutions, electrical and mechanical design and energy conservation studies.
- Acquisition of MCW Dimax Ltd. (“MCX”), a firm specializing in solutions for the application of energy software to analyze the management of complex heating, ventilation and cooling systems for large residential, commercial, and mission critical real estate owners.
- Acquisition of CEM Specialties Inc. (“CEMSI”), a market leader in turn-key emission monitoring, equipment and solutions.
The company has also established entry into the North American cannabis market as a supplier of integrated energy efficiency solutions and technologies. Within this market, Kontrol is focused on assisting cannabis growers to reduce the cost of energy and support mission critical infrastructures. To date, Kontrol has secured two contracts to provide energy efficiency services with Licensed Producers in the Canadian cannabis sector.
The Kontrol Energy group of companies is currently saving its customers more than 40 million kilowatt hours of electricity per annum and providing a corresponding reduction in GHG emissions.
Kontrol’s management team includes CEO Paul Ghezzi, a leader in clean tech, renewable energy development, solar project financing and distributed generation. Ghezzi has global experience in power generation projects under Feed-in Tariff programs and Power Purchase Agreement programs for both commercial and utility-scale projects. COO Kristian Lavereau has more than 25 years of experience in the IT solutions (analytics and mobile computing), energy optimization and efficiency (intelligent control systems, solar PV, lighting). Claudio Del Vasto, CPA, CA | CFO, is a senior finance executive with an extensive background in corporate finance, strategy and business development.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.KontrolEnergy.com
QualityStocks is committed to connecting subscribers with companies that have huge potential to succeed in the short and long-term future. It is part of our mission statement to help the investment community discover emerging companies that offer excellent growth potential. We offer several ways for investors to learn more about investing in these companies as well as find and evaluate them.