When the chairman of British Airways recently criticized the increasingly strict U.S. boarding procedures, one of the first things he targeted was the requirement for travelers to take off their shoes. British Transport Secretary Philip Hammond added his own take, indicating his desire to allow airlines to look at ways of easing the boarding process through different security procedures, changing them if they can reduce queuing and offer a better traveler experience. But U.S. officials were quick to point out the importance of such procedures, and how they were jointly agreed on.
A simple solution to at least one aspect of the controversy, developed by IDO Security, is a one-of-a-kind “shoes-on” detection system. Called MagShoeTM, the system addresses the major complaint of travelers, the need to take off their shoes for security inspection. In addition, the makers claim that their system is more accurate in detecting threats than current procedures, more completely allaying security concerns.
MagShoe simply calls for the traveler to stand briefly in the relatively small knee-high device, the scan taking less than two seconds. A red/yellow/green light indicator, along with an audible alarm, clearly signals the scan’s results, making it applicable to even crowded and noisy environments, such as busy airports or stadiums. The system meets all international standards for quality assurance, and has undergone testing by the U.S. TSA, as well as the UK Department of Transport, and the German BKA, along with others.
Together, it represents a collection of features that IDO Security considers unmatched:
• Seamless integration with existing metal detectors and procedures for a complete security solution
• Lightning fast – clear, accurate results in seconds
• Highly accurate – ignores metal normally found inside shoes to reduce false alarms
• Fully automatic and easy-to-use; no training required
• Extremely cost-efficient and affordable
• Compact and portable for use anywhere
• Thorough detection of all metals, both ferrous and non-ferrous
• Convenient, sanitary, quick alternative to manually removing shoes
MagShoe is actively being used by airports in various parts of the world, including Israel, and is currently being evaluated in the United States.
For more information, visit the company website at www.idosecurityinc.com
Let us hear your thoughts: IDO Security Inc. Message Board