- Avricore Health is a point of care pharmacy services developer that is providing lab-quality testing for select health conditions at pharmacies in Canada
- Avricore’s trademarked HealthTab(TM) platform networks patients, pharmaceutical professionals and other medical providers with a patient-privacy respecting solution that helps patients monitor their conditions at local community stores without the necessity of busy doctors’ offices scheduling
- In addition to the kidney-function monitoring solution announced just recently, HealthTab is currently outfitted to provide lab results for evaluating diabetes, heart disease, COVID, RSV, and other viral exposures
- Avricore’s pilot HealthTab rollout includes sites in eastern Canada’s Ontario province and western Canada’s British Columbia, where it is gathering information that will help its plans for a broader HealthTab rollout in Canada and other nations
- Avricore anticipates strong growth of the HealthTab network in Canada, and abroad, in 2023
Point of care health testing technology innovator Avricore Health (TSX.V: AVCR) (OTCQB: AVCRF) has rolled out its trademarked HealthTab platform in select Ontario and British Columbia Shoppers Drug Mart network pharmacies and continues to add lab-accurate test functionality to its kiosks, most recently announcing a solution for monitoring kidney function.
Avricore signed a non-exclusive distribution agreement in Canada with multinational medical devices and health care company Abbott Laboratories to distribute Abbott’s handheld blood chemistry analyzer, i-STAT Alinity, through Avricore’s Canadian outlets, announcing Nov. 23 that the device will help patients monitor their creatinine levels.
“Understanding renal function in patients at risk from or already living with chronic disease is critical,” Avricore Health CEO Hector Bremner stated (https://ibn.fm/xhjGU). “With i-STAT Alinity and its associated test for creatinine, healthcare professionals can obtain results in approximately two minutes to detect elevated levels of creatinine that are associated with abnormal renal function.”
HealthTab is a communications network solution that allows pharmacies to provide patients testing services at neighborhood stores under the direction of trained professionals, thereby granting patients localized options for monitoring their health conditions without the necessity of visits to busy doctor clinics to get lab work done.
HealthTab draws real-time data from blood samples and other fluids and communicates it to patients and medical care providers, respecting patient privacy concerns as well as medical provider concerns about the accuracy of the lab tests.
Avricore has established an agreement with Abbott to provide the POC testing at Avricore’s partner pharmacies using Abbott’s trademarked ID Now kiosks. Agreements in the pilot stage allow for testing for markers related to conditions such as diabetes, heart disease (https://ibn.fm/5hEOz) and viruses such as COVID’s SARS-CoV-2, RSV, influenza A and B, and strep (https://ibn.fm/Xdj0d) empowering patients who want to take a greater role in managing their conditions.
Avricore’s purpose is to likewise empower community pharmacies, particularly those in Canada whose revenues were impacted by the Pan-Canadian Select Molecule Price Initiative for Generic Drugs in 2018 that reduced retail margins in reimbursements.
Avricore will build on its pilot program operations, using feedback from pharmacists and patients to support a broader launch into several pharmacy chains throughout Canada, the United States and Europe. The company anticipates establishing its POC health testing kiosks in 600 locations by the end of 2023 (https://ibn.fm/5zVGD).
“We’ve demonstrated a unique resilience by remaining focused on our goal of creating the world’s largest rapid testing network in pharmacy,” Bremner stated earlier this year (https://ibn.fm/ivPKX). “We are well on our way to making actionable health information more accessible for everyone and dramatically expanding our network in the coming months.”
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.AvricoreHealth.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to AVCRF are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/AVCRF
QualityStocks is committed to connecting subscribers with companies that have huge potential to succeed in the short and long-term future. It is part of our mission statement to help the investment community discover emerging companies that offer excellent growth potential. We offer several ways for investors to learn more about investing in these companies as well as find and evaluate them.