Avant Diagnostics, based in Scottsdale, Arizona, is a medical diagnostic company specializing in large panel biomarker screening. OvaDx is the company’s first test, a sophisticated microarray-based way to detect pre-symptomatic ovarian cancer by measuring the activation of the immune system in blood samples in response to early stage ovarian tumor cell development.
Identifying the variations of specific genes in the genome is an expanding objective of genetic research, since variations are what define individual characteristics, including disease states or a statistical propensity for disease. Early detection of disease can provide options for earlier treatments that may improve the patient’s chances of survival, as well as their quality of life. It could also mean significant cost savings by avoiding expensive late stage disease treatments.
OvaDx is an advanced microarray-based diagnostic test that measures the activation of the immune system in response to ovarian tumor cell development. It’s the market’s first large-panel screening test for ovarian cancer, and can be used as an elective screen for women seeking greater wellness, and for screening women at elevated risk for ovarian cancer. OvaDx has indicated a high sensitivity and specificity for all types and stages of ovarian cancer, including stage IA-IV borderline serous, clear cell, endometrioid, mixed epithelial, mucinous, serous and ovarian adenocarcinoma. Clinicians will appreciate the following features of OvaDx:
• High sensitivity and specificity for all types and stages of ovarian cancer
• Identifies stage I, II, III and IV disease markers in patient samples
• Detects stage IA disease markers with ~80% sensitivity and 100% Specificity
• Multi-plexed microarray assay reads approximately 100 proteomic biomarkers
• Proteomic panel provides definitive real-time test results
• Microarray format reduces serum requirement to 0.1-0.25 ml per sample run
• Arrayit Diagnostics, Inc. blood cards can also be used for sample collection
• Fluorescence detection ensures high signal detectivity
• Test controls eliminate experimental false positives and false negatives
• High-throughput format scales to any number of patient samples
• Automated process permits large-scale (e.g. 1,000,000 sample+) screening
• Supplement OVA1® and other multi-analyte tests
• Supplement genetic tests including BRCA1 and BRCA2
• Screen patient sera from breast, cervical, uterine and other cancer patients
• Test samples from patients with ovarian cysts and other benign conditions
Avant recently announced the start of calibration testing in preparation for the OvaDx validation study, to be used in support of a pre-submission package for the FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration).
For more information on the company, visit https://avantdiagnostics.wordpress.com/
Let us hear your thoughts: Avant Diagnostics, Inc. Message Board