Streamlytics provides ethical, people-powered data, spanning millions of data points from today’s fastest growing communities across the United States. The company unlocks the power of actual data usage, reflective of how people create data today – simultaneously across all types of platforms, not by rigid panels or unethical tracking. By partnering with consumers across the nation, the company has gained unparalleled access to audiences’ and shoppers’ content consumption and purchasing patterns across Netflix, Google, Amazon and more.
Streamlytics’ first consumer facing data acquisition app allows African American consumers to own their data through a data license, value their data with its proprietary data valuation algorithm, and get fairly paid for their data. The result is ethical data transactions and unmatched insight into the decisions that consumers are making across platforms. The company’s data signals are not limited to purchase and content consumption. The breadth of activity spans fitness, health and universal mobility. The current archaic model of consumer data collection across many industries is to use second- or third-party assumptive data based on cookies or affinities, which has a high margin of error causing an enormous amount of waste in financial resources for client organizations. Streamlytics provides clear, accurate, full-spectrum data, delivering the true picture of a coveted consumer group’s activity across their digital footprint.
Since its founding, the company’s mission has been to disrupt the deceptive online data collection processes that have become commonplace. Streamlytics’ drive to prioritize consumer data collection transparency and ethics has led to tremendous growth. The company recently announced it had reached a milestone of more than a quarter-billion data points. Streamlytics’ impressive growth over the past year is largely due to expansion, adding platforms like Apple, Uber, Uber Eats, Postmates and others. The company’s patent-pending data standard, Universal Data Interchange Format (UDIF), powers the unification of cross-platform data sources and formats into a single unified data format. Streamlytics leads the industry in consumer data unification, which is increasingly valuable as companies look to navigate away from third-party data solutions and integrate ethical first-party data across corporate strategy, product innovation, artificial intelligence, marketing and more.
How it Works
Streamlytics unifies consumer data from today’s fastest growing communities across popular platforms spanning over 400 million data points. We ethically unlock the power of actual usage data (directly from the source) and help companies grow by enhancing their 1st-party data strategy across sales, marketing, product, and artificial intelligence.
Streamlytics data enhances existing measurement tools by focusing on density. The company’s approach provides a number of benefits over traditional data sourcing platforms, including:
- Multidimensional data that offers visibility into consumption behaviors that define decision drivers for consumers
- An integrated approach that connects a variety of data sources and types to paint the clearest picture of consumer behavior
- A clear understanding of the consumer, allowing for greater targeting precision that directly impacts the effectiveness of campaigns
- Ethical sourcing, with consumers directly compensated for their data
- Protection of all personal identifying information (PII) to ensure privacy and security
The company sells data that has been ethically sourced through a Standard Datastream (a streamlined feed consisting of roughly 22.5 million data points) and a Custom Datastream (a full spectrum feed spanning over 150 million data points). Client organizations subscribe to either datastream, based on the specific audiences they want to reach. Organizations most often use Streamlytics data to enhance their first party data strategies in an effort to increase revenue and sales, refine corporate strategy and enhance machine learning training data to reduce algorithmic bias.
The global alternative data market was valued at $1.06 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 40.1% to reach more than $8 billion by 2027. The global artificial intelligence market was valued at $62.35 billion in 2020 and is expected to achieve a CAGR of 40.2% from 2021 to 2028, according to data from Grand View Research.
Streamlytics believes a new market space is emerging at the intersection of these two thriving industries called ‘Community Driven Data’, which will comprise consumers who have opted in to share their data, and companies that decide using ethically sourced data is better than fines and negative media coverage they could get from continuing to do it the old way.
Streamlytics has positioned itself as the leader of this emerging new market space as consumers increasingly opt out of sharing their data under the current model, and as new laws – like Prop 24, the California Consumer Personal Information initiative passed overwhelmingly by voters in 2020 – mandate greater privacy protections for, and limits on corporate use of, consumer data.
Angela Benton is founder and CEO of Streamlytics. She is a pioneer of diversity in the technology industry and of raising awareness around the inequalities that exist in the industry. In 2011, she founded NewME, the first entrepreneurial accelerator globally for minorities. Through her leadership, NewME has accelerated hundreds of entrepreneurs, helping the nascent companies to raise more than $47 million in venture capital funding. That company was acquired in 2018.
Arisha Smith is the Chief Revenue Officer of Streamlytics. An innovator in advertising technology, she has designed growth strategies for businesses leveraging digital, social and mobile platforms for over 20 years. She has held marketing positions at Accenture and Microsoft, as well as at Vibe Media. She earned an MBA from Florida A&M University.
- Streamlytics helps consumers get paid for their data through its proprietary Data Valuation algorithm.
- The company is the largest first-party provider of African American data.
- Streamlytics has a patent-pending new data standard, the Universal Data Interchange Format, that powers the company’s data unification.
- The global alternative data market was valued at $1.06 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 40.1% to reach more than $8 billion by 2027.
- The global artificial intelligence market was valued at $62.35 billion in 2020 and is expected to achieve a CAGR of 40.2% from 2021 to 2028.
- Streamlytics is a minority-owned, women-led company.
- The company’s founder is one of Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative, Inc. Magazine’s Female Founders 100, ADWEEK’s Women Trailblazers, Goldman Sachs 100 Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs, and Business Insiders’ 25 Most Influential African Americans in Technology.