Nextech AR Solutions Corp. (CSE: NTAR) (OTCQB: NEXCF), based in Vancouver, Canada, is a leading provider of web-based augmented reality for e-commerce, advertising and virtual events, with technology ranging from simple 3D images to using 360-degree videos. Nextech AR provides businesses with a powerful end-to-end augmented reality platform designed specifically to increase online sales.
The company is currently pursuing four unique verticals with its innovative technology, including:
- Virtual Conference Platform: Nextech’s advanced Augmented Reality and Video Learning Experience Platform for Events leverages an SaaS model to give organizations the ability to create engaging virtual event management and learning experiences. Automated closed captions and translations for over 64 languages are available. The global virtual events market was valued at $90 billion in 2020 by Grandview Research, and it’s expected to reach more than $400 billion by 2027.
- ARitize™ for eCommerce: Launched in early 2019, the company’s SaaS platform for webAR in eCommerce serves as a ‘full funnel’ end-to-end e-commerce solution for the AR industry. The solution includes the Aritize360 app for 3D product capture, ‘Try it On’ technology for online apparel, 3D and 360-degree product views, ‘one click buy’ and much more.
- ARitize™ 3D/AR Advertising Platform: Launched in Q1 2020, this ad platform is being marketed as the industry’s first end-to-end solution leveraging 3D asset creation for 3D/AR ads. In 2019, according to IDC, global advertising spend totaled roughly $725 billion.
- ARitize™ Hollywood Studios: The studio is in development as a means of producing immersive content using 360-degree videos and augmented reality as primary display platforms.
Unique Marketing Strategy
Nextech AR’s efforts to disrupt the market for web-based augmented reality for e-commerce are supported by a unique go to market strategy. First, the company seeks to build or acquire platforms targeting a number of rapid growth industries, most notably AR, edTech, e-commerce, 3D/AR advertising and virtual & hybrid events.
After identifying these market opportunities, the company seeks to integrate new AR technologies into existing or novel platforms in an effort to secure market share and promote growth. These technologies include WebAR, Human Holograms, 360 Portals, ScreenAR, Genie in the bottle and AiRShow.
Nextech AR then aims to leverage these platforms to land and expand partnerships with a number of blue chip customers. The company’s current customer base includes the likes of Amazon, Johnson & Johnson, ViacomCBS, Toyota and Carnegie Mellon University.
Nextech AR generates revenue through a software-as-a-service model from technology services, delivery of service revenue and sales of products through e-commerce.
As noted in its latest investor presentation, the company achieved record bookings in Q4 2020 of $7.3 million (estimated), marking a greater than 275% year-over-year increase. The company also realized greater than 235% revenue growth for calendar 2020, reporting $20 million for the 12-month period. Nextech AR attributes its 2020 increase in revenues to the contracts secured with new customers, expanded agreements with existing customers and additional conversions from e-commerce channels.
With its newly launched 3D ad network now bolstering its operations, Nextech AR is projecting revenues in excess of $50 million for 2021.
Recent Company Highlights
- February 16, 2021: The company announced it has hired Zak Mcleod, formerly of Fastly, as its new Senior Director of Sales – EMEA. The company also announced that Rory Ganness, formerly of Salesforce.com, has joined the Nextech team as Director of Enterprise Sales – North America.
- February 11, 2021: The company announced the launch of version 2.0 of its AiR Show app, an application that turns top music artists into interactive ‘live’ holograms, providing an immersive and engaging AR experience.
- February 8, 2021: The company announced the launch of new standardized chat features within its Virtual Experience Platform (VXP) and recently-launched ARoom collaborative streaming solution. Nextech will also offer the chat platform as a stand-alone SaaS service externally, increasing the company’s revenue potential for 2021.
- January 26, 2021: The company announced, in partnership with ARB Meetings and Events, it has signed a six-figure annual contract to supply its InfernoAR video conferencing and virtual events platform to NAMD.
- January 25, 2021: The company announced that Strategic Site Selection (SSS), a 15 year old site selection leader in the meeting and events industry, has selected Nextech AR as a preferred channel partner, making Nextech’s industry leading virtual experience platform and services available to SSS clients.
- January 20, 2021: The company announced that Microsoft’s Azure Cloud Services platform will be a standard offering across its virtual experience platforms and consumer apps, enabling hyper-scalable, secure and immersive events and applications for users.
- January 15, 2021: The company signed a renewal agreement with Poly with an initial value of $470,000 for a six-month term and the potential for additional revenue after the six months.
Evan Gappelberg is CEO and Founder of Nextech AR. He is an experienced operating executive specializing in creating, funding and running hyper-growth startups in both the public and private sectors. Notably, he took Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO) public with a market cap of $30 million and played a key role in guiding its growth to a current market cap of roughly $14 billion. Mr. Gappelberg has extensive experience as both a hands-on operating executive and a public markets professional.
Paul Duffy is the company’s President. He is a serial entrepreneur with over 25 years of experience in successfully starting, expanding, diversifying and selling global technology companies. Mr. Duffy is the creator of the HumaGram and inventor of the patent for Holographic Telepresence over the Internet (TOIP).
Augen Winschel is the COO of Nextech AR. He is an 18-year SAP executive with over 20 years of leadership experience in the areas of business management, business operations, marketing, product management, digital business and enterprise artificial intelligence.
Kashif Malik, CPA, CA, is the company’s CFO. He has over 15 years of financial experience spanning IPOs, M&A activity, corporate restructuring and capital raising. Mr. Malik has worked globally with public and private companies, including Merck & Company Inc. (NYSE: MRK), Real Matters Inc. (TSX: REAL) and Constellation Software Inc. (TSX: CSU). He obtained his Chartered Accountant designation while working at Deloitte.
Hareesh Acchi is the company’s President of 3D/AR Advertising. He is a 20-year Microsoft technology veteran with experience leading digital transformation and scaling businesses and enterprise organizations across the advertising industry.
- Nextech AR Solutions Corp. is a leading provider of web-based augmented reality for e-commerce, advertising and virtual events.
- The company provides businesses with a powerful end-to-end augmented reality platform designed specifically to increase online sales.
- Nextech AR’s current customer base includes the likes of Amazon, Johnson & Johnson, ViacomCBS, Toyota and Carnegie Mellon University.
- The company achieved record bookings in Q4 2020 of $7.3 million (estimated), marking a greater than 275% year-over-year increase.
- The Nextech AR management team has extensive experience stemming from time with a collection of Fortune 500 companies.