Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with operations in San Diego, Calif., Phivida Holdings Inc. (CSE: VIDA) (OTC: PHVAF) is a premium food and beverage company that focuses on whole plant nutrition and natural ingredients that help best maintain overall health and balance in the human body. The company infuses active hemp into a variety of premium foods, beverages and supplements and is poised for global distribution. Phivida is guided by a team of Fortune 500-caliber executives focused on a new strategic portfolio of products and brands, comprehensive consumer research, new product and brand development, improved visual identity and packaging design, and a strong distribution strategy.
The company’s mission is to become a leader in whole plant solutions by providing holistic remedies for a more natural alternative to pharmaceuticals and by guiding people toward a healthy lifestyle. Phivida embraces and celebrates a return to organic, natural, plant-based foods and beverages and a focus on holistic health and wellness.
Publicly traded on the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE: VIDA) and the OTCQX Best Market in the U.S. (OTC: PHVAF), the company’s strong balance sheet carries CAD$13 million with no debt or loans with ~60 million shares outstanding, and the company is now well-capitalized to fund major mainstream distribution with a solid structure that is poised for long-term growth.
Phivida’s management team includes president and CEO Jim Bailey, former president of Red Bull Canada and global chief marketing officer for Merrell Outdoors; Chief Marketing Officer Michael Cornwell, former chief marketing officer for Samsung New Zealand and the former director of marketing for Red Bull Canada; and Doug Campbell, former director of sales for Red Bull North America, who, as Phivida’s chief commercial officer, is tasked with driving new sales revenue growth.
Using encapsulation technology, Phivida uses full spectrum CBD-hemp oil (rich in naturally occurring phytocannabinoids) converted into a water-soluble delivery format, which enhances delivery and absorption of the cannabinoids into the human body – up to an estimated tenfold.
The whole plant hemp extract is infused into functional beverages, food and supplements to target a range of health and wellness conditions. Phivida strives to lead the industry in product quality through high-quality ingredients and best-in-class testing. The Company has partnered with Flora Labs to test and ensure consistency and potency of all products. Flora Labs is a world-class testing lab with stringent QA and QC quality assessment protocols and will provide Phivida with ongoing impartial quality testing.
Federally legal under the 2014 Farm Bill, CBD from hemp oil is a rapid growth market across the U.S. When derived from marijuana, CBD remains a schedule 1 controlled substance, giving hemp-derived CBD oil-infused products a competitive advantage on regulations. On June 28, 2018, the U.S. Senate passed the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 (i.e. the “Farm Bill), lifting the U.S. Industrial Hemp laws to an agricultural commodity status and effectively removing hemp from the controlled substance list.
Earlier this year, another milestone court ruling also provided significant regulatory support for the U.S. CBD-hemp sector. In February 2018, the Supreme Court presided over the HIA (Hemp Industry Association) vs. DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) in a class-action suit concerning the issue of CBD extracted from hemp and the legality of industrial hemp. In the final ruling, the Supreme Court unequivocally determined that hemp (and its derivatives), when produced domestically under the Farm Bill, are not a controlled substance.
The Supreme Court ruling also found the Farm Bill (as it relates to hemp) “pre-empts” the Controlled Substances Act. Congress has since exempted Farm Bill hemp from the Controlled Substances Act (CSA), giving the Farm Bill primary jurisdiction over the governance of the CBD-hemp oil industry in the U.S.
The DEA further conceded it does not “seek to control cannabinoids” and that only marijuana-derived cannabinoids are governed under the Controlled Substances Act. In May of 2018, the DEA issued a formal directive to all federal agencies (e.g., U.S. Customs and Border Patrol) stating that cannabinoids are not controlled substances unless derived from marijuana, and that the “mere presence of cannabinoids” in any product or derivative does not render it a controlled substance. The Supreme Court ruling also resulted in the mediation of a settlement in what is now the third successful HIA vs. DEA suit in over a decade.
In Canada, the Senate approval of Bill C-45 legalized the production, distribution and use of recreational cannabis, with edibles to be added in 2019. The bill officially became law as of Oct. 17, 2018, creating a legal framework for the production, distribution, sale and possession of cannabis across Canada including cannabinoid-infused beverages.
- Vida+: Vida+ is the company’s premium, clinical-grade-strength, full-spectrum hemp oil extract and capsule line designed to help people feel their best. The products are sourced from the best organic hemp and natural ingredients on the market and are third-party lab tested for quality, purity and potency at world-class facilities.
- Oki: The Oki lifestyle brand is the company’s newly launched line of functional beverages and supplements infused with active hemp extract and will be available to consumers in up to 2,400 natural specialty store locations within the United States. Oki beverages are infused with 10 milligrams of active hemp extract per bottle and come in two different formulations: iced teas and flavor-infused water, each available in four different 16-ounce flavors. Oki supplements are available in tinctures or capsules that range in doses from 600-1,800 total milligrams of active hemp extract.
- All products contain non-GMO, natural and organic ingredients and are plant-based and vegan friendly and packaged in sleek, 100 percent recyclable glass containers.
WeedMD-Phivida Joint Venture
Phivida has partnered with WeedMD Inc. (TSX-V: WMD) (OTC:WDDMF) (FSE:4WE), a Health Canada federally licensed producer and distributor of medical cannabis, to form a joint venture focused on manufacturing, marketing and distributing cannabinoid-infused beverages. CanBev is on track to build and operate the first cannabis-infused beverage production facilities in Canada. The joint venture will focus on manufacturing, marketing and distributing cannabinoid-infused beverages for the legalized medical and adult-use cannabis markets. WeedMD will be the exclusive cannabis supplier and distributor for CanBev cannabis-infused beverages. Phivida will be responsible for product innovation, research and development, formulation and branding.
Phivida has an exclusive national agreement with Natural Specialty Sales (“NSS”), an Acosta company. NSS is recognized as the industry leader in natural/specialty retail channel trade across the U.S. Phivida’s launched OKI brand of premium CBD products is now the exclusive CBD-infused beverage and health supplements products brand represented by NSS. This establishes Phivida as the first CBD brand company to officially cross over into national mainstream distribution across the U.S., providing new access to over 2,400 retail locations in a major distribution channel market valued at over USD $4.1 billion in retail sales.
The NSS exclusive agreement provides access to a national network of retail stores across the U.S. This national network includes major retail banners such as: Whole Foods Market, Sprouts Farmers Market, National Coop Grocers, etc. The partnership also provides the opportunity to access an additional 25,000 national conventional grocery supermarkets, including Walmart, Target, Kroger, Publix and others, via Acosta’s national sales network.
+1 (844) 744-6646 (ext. #2)
- Publicly traded on the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE.VIDA) and the OTCQX Best Market in the U.S. (OTCQX.PHVAF).
- Strong balance sheet and capital structure with over CAD $13 million cash, no debt, with ~60 million shares outstanding – fully capitalized for global distribution.
- Expert management team includes former senior executives from Red Bull, Proctor & Gamble, Labatt’s, Stoli Group and the former CEO of Seagram’s International.
- Joint venture with a top Canadian licensed producer, WeedMD (TSX.WMD), for Canadian production and distribution of Oki products once edibles become federally legal.
- Best-in-class premium CBD hemp oil-infused beverages and supplements under the consumer facing brands Oki and VIDA+.
- On track to become the first CBD food, beverage and supplement products company to cross over into mainstream natural specialty grocery retail distribution across the U.S., a channel market valued at over USD $4.1 billion.
- 2017 World Health Organization Report identifies CBD hemp oil as “safe, non-toxic, non-psychoactive and medicinal”; and in January 2018, the World Anti-Doping Agency removes CBD-hemp oil from Prohibited Substances list, making CBD hemp oil eligible for use by professional athletes for the first time in the history of competitive sports (WADA regulates Olympic, FIFA, etc.).
- Global health and wellness market hits $1 trillion in 2017 (Euromonitor Report).
- Hemp-based CBD-infused products are expected to achieve growth of 700% to $450 million by 2020 (Hemp Industry Association).
- CBD (cannabidiol) market is estimated to explode from $360 million to $2.1 billion by 2020 (Hemp Industry Association).
- CBD and cannabinoids as functional ingredients in body-care and supplement categories show +300% growth year-over-year (Forbes).