Liberty Leaf Holdings Ltd. (CSE: LIB) (OTCQB: LIBFF) (FSE: HN3P) is a publicly traded Canadian-based company with strategic investments in businesses that are established, revenue- producing players in the medicinal and recreational cannabis market. Liberty Leaf’s focus is to build and support a diversified portfolio of cannabis-sector businesses, including those involved in the cultivation and processing of legal medicinal and recreational cannabis, value-added CBD/THC pet products, and supply-chain products for this dynamic and fast-growing sector. Liberty Leaf provides funding, management, HR resources and marketing expertise to help companies thrive and accelerate growth.
Liberty Leaf’s leading investments to date include:
- North Road Ventures – An emerging end-to-end distributor of cultivated and manufactured cannabis products to licensed legal retailers. North Road has updated its application for an Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) license to be distribution/sales-focused, making the company unique in the crowded field of other cultivation-based applicants. This forward-thinking initiative will help fulfill the anticipated increase in Canada’s recreational cannabis space once legalization takes effect in mid-2018. The submission includes a boost in product-vault capacity that will result in a five-fold increase in products available for distribution. Cannabidiol (CBD)-oil products are expected to account for 50 percent or more of projected sales.
- Just Kush Enterprises – Liberty Leaf holds a 60 percent interest in Just Kush, a cultivator of premium, proprietary cannabis strains selected for different levels of CBDs and THCs. Just Kush’s cultivation facility is located near Oliver, British Columbia, and it currently controls a facility which holds a Medical Marihuana Access Regulations (MMAR) license. The company is also a late-stage applicant for an ACMPR license (Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations), which will enable Just Kush to produce cannabis for the medicinal and recreational market.
Liberty Leaf is also an active partner with the following companies:
- ESEV R&D – A privately owned, medical marijuana research and development company based in New York with clinical laboratories located in Israel. ESEV R&D, in collaboration with a leading clinical research organization in Israel, has launched a one-of-a-kind service for North American medical cannabis companies to organize and oversee clinical trials seeking to demonstrate the efficacy of medical cannabis products for specific medical conditions. Liberty Leaf has a three-year collaborative agreement with ESEV. Under that agreement, ESEV is researching the efficacy of CBDs in pets, with the 1st formulation trial targeting canine osteoarthritis, a medical condition that includes: hip dysplasia; elbow dysplasia; and hind-knee, also known as stifle, degenerative joint disease (DJD).
- Blox Labs Inc. – A boutique technology development company focused on creating best-in-class software solutions driven by emerging trends in blockchain, smart contracts and decentralized application technologies. Liberty Leaf and Blox Labs are developing “cannaBLOX,” a blockchain-based smart contract supply chain management platform for the legalized cannabis industry. The cannaBLOX blockchain software will aim to ease and obliterate logistical bottlenecks, ensure product safety and quality of supply, minimize fraud and potential criminal activity, and assist with taxation and regulatory compliance across various levels of government within the legalized cannabis marketplace. To date, preliminary framework and analysis required for a cannaBLOX Whitepaper has been completed and a development team that specializes in blockchain and decentralized application technologies, including omni-language development in Ethereum and NEO, is now working on the project.
The company’s management team is led by President and Director William Rascan who has 25-plus years in the investment brokerage industry, most recently as a partner, senior investment advisor with Northern Securities. Rascan’s business experience ranges from active international trading clients to raising capital for junior mining companies on the TSX Venture Exchange.
Rascan is joined by CFO Jamie Robinson, a chartered accountant who specializes in accounting, auditing, and financial reporting under both IFRS and ASPE. Prior to joining Liberty Leaf, Robinson worked at Deloitte as a manager focused on publicly listed and private company audits, business review, performance enhancement engagements and restructuring proceedings.
Steven Feldman, who has more than 25 years of experience in the capital markets and was part of the original management team of SouthGobi Resources; and Doug Macdonell, a retired RCMP officer and recognized expert in the field of cannabis and cultivation, serve as company directors. Dr. Robert Jackman, who has worked closely with multiple clients in the medical cannabis and Natural and Non-prescription Health Products (NNHP) industries in North America, was recently appointed as scientific project manager/fulfillment.
Liberty Leaf’s advisory board includes international lawyer, writer and speaker Robert W.E. Laurie; Barinder Rasode, who currently serves as CEO of the National Institute for Cannabis Health & Education (NICHE); and Dr. Mary C. Fitzpatrick, B.S., D.V.M., whose primary focus is on helping companion animals live pain free in their senior years.
- Vertically-integrated cannabis company with two late-stage ACMPR licenses in portfolio
- Strategic investments focus on proven, revenue-generating cannabis-related businesses
- Liberty Leaf is included in the Solactive Emerging Marijuana Growers Index